Tips & Tricks to make our sustainably sourced Soy Candles last longer than any others.
General Candle Care
Tips to keep your candles burning evenly & safely:
- Keep wick centered and trimmed to ¼’’ at all times
- Burn candle within sight at all times
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire
- Remove all packaging before burning
- Place on temperature safe surface to avoid heat damage
- Keep away from drafts
- Keep wax pool free of debris
- Do not burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time
- Discontinue use when ¼’’ of wax remains to prevent overheating the tin.
- Do not use water or any other liquid to extinguish your candle
If you are experiencing excess soot from your candle:
- Make sure to trim your wicks to 1/4'' before each lighting your of candle
- If you are still experiencing excess sooting, please trim your wick to 1/8’’
- Move candle away from any vents, fans, or air drafts
- Make sure you are not burning your candle longer than the recommended time of 3-4 hours
Our labels should reduce most of the heat; however, when burning low candles for more than 3+ hours, the uncovered surface area of the tin may get hot. To prevent this, place a temperature safe coaster underneath the candle, or let the candle burn on top of a temperature safe surface away from anything combustible.
Tunneling is normal for soy wax during the initial burn process. This soy wasx characteristic may happen due to different environmental factors, but with a little bit of care, your candle will last much longer! To simply correct the tunneling, please burn your candle 2-3 times at 3-4 hour increments each.
We find that once a thin melt pool forms around the lit wick, swirling the wax in a circular motion like a Chinese tea cup or glass of wine can self correct the memory of the wax pool.
(It not advised to do this while the melt pool has been completely settled and no tunneling is present.)
Crackling Wooden Wick Care
We have pre-trimmed each Crackling wooden wick, so you can enjoy a struggle-free experience!
Make sure to keep your candle lit after its first burn for 3-4 hours. This will help maintain a proper melt pool memory due to its soy wax properties. We suggest burning candles for 3-4 hours every time the wick is lit.
Before every burn, we'd suggest trimming the wick, while leaving about 1/4th inch of carbon-layer free (burnt area) wick left to be lit.